The Mental Health Respite: Carer Support Program supports carers who are looking after a relative or friend living with a mental illness. This can be in the form of information, referrals, linking to support groups and counselling, or help arranging respite support.
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- We will talk to you about your individual needs, and what may help you in your caring role.
- We can assist with information on services, and may help arrange some respite in the short term.
- We can also link carers to support groups, carer counselling and carer education.
- Occasionally throughout the year we run carer events where you can meet other carers in an informal environment.
- We are not a long term service, but in the short term we are a flexible service and will try to meet your needs, and refer you on to ongoing supports if required.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
Call us on FREECALL™ 1800 052 222*
(*calls from mobile phones charged at applicable rates)
When you call you will speak to someone on the phone who will listen and support you in the best way we possibly can. So if you have any questions just ring and ask.